Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"American Idol": And Then There Were Two

As you guys know, I never really liked Elliott all that much. But when I saw him and his mother and all those adoring fans, I admit, I got teary-eyed and I started to hope that somehow he would go on to next week.

But of course, that didn’t happen. However, it was close.

How close? According to the numbers Ryan showed us Elliott had 33.06% of the vote. The second highest was 33.26% and the top vote getter had 33.68%. I’ve never been good at math, but my calculations say Elliott missed by 100,000 votes. That’s pretty close.

So now we head to the finale. If it stays to form, we’ll get three songs. One song the contestant chooses (usually one they have previously done on the show), and two singles. One of the singles will be performed by both Katharine and Taylor. I think Katharine should go with “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” or “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree.” Taylor could go with just about anything, but I’d choose something upbeat.

Remember, Katharine and Taylor will perform Tuesday at 8 p.m. and we’ll get the results after a TWO-HOUR stall fest beginning Wednesday at 8.

In the most unpredictable “Idol” season yet, can Taylor win out?

Stay tuned…