Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, October 02, 2006

Friday Free-For-All: September 29, 2006

Please note: I had a Friday Free-For-All written and then didn’t get it posted on the site, so here is the one you were supposed to read Friday.

Here are some of my thoughts from this past week…

Just as I figured, I was more impressed by this week’s episode of “Studio 60” than I was the pilot—even though it took shots at both FOX and Clay Aiken (two things near and dear to my heart). But am I the only one that thought that “hilarious” opening sketch wasn’t funny?...

I warned you about Jai Rodriguez choking on “Celebrity Duets.” So who’s the favorite now? If it’s based on singing, it’s got to be Alfonso Ribeiro (even though I’m mad at him for not knowing “Angel” by Jon Secada); but Lucy Lawless has a pretty strong following. However, her duet with Bonnie Tyler on “Total Eclipse of the Heart” may have done her in. It was pretty bad. I was disappointed with my guy, Hal Sparks, for not bringing back Wynonna, but Dennis DeYoung turned out to be a good choice. I just wish he hadn’t screamed “18 and Life” (Boy, did Sebastian Bach sound good!). The finale airs tonight (Friday the 29th) at 9 p.m. on FOX…

Kudos to FOX for re-airing the “Justice” pilot tonight at 8. If this is a tryout, they’ve picked a good place for it. The only real competition is “Ghost Whisperer”…

So, see anything good or bad this week? What’s on your mind?