Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I do not feel better...

I’m currently in the midst of trying to find a house. For any of you who have done that, you know how all consuming the process can become.

So, it was after 3:30 Tuesday before I realized I hadn’t seen the “24” trailer yet (My priorities are all messed up!). I rushed to my computer and pulled it up on the screen, nervous with anticipation.

But my adrenaline rush soon subsided after I saw on the screen the four words no “24” fan wants to see:

Jack Bauer must die.

Granted, the bad guys say that about Jack every season. But this time, according to the trailer, if Jack doesn’t die, America won’t survive.

I’m going to need a minute to think that choice over…

If you haven’t seen the trailer, season six will open with America under siege by terrorists. In order to stop the attacks, CTU will make a deal to get Jack away from the Chinese and ask him to sacrifice himself. Jack agrees so that he can “die for something,” instead of just dying in a Chinese prison.

See, I told you the trailer wouldn’t make me feel any better…

Now, of course, I don’t think that Jack is going to actually die. I just don’t like putting that idea in the universe. Without Jack, there is no “24.” Period. I know that Kiefer always says that the time format is the star, but he’s wrong. HE is the star and the show wouldn’t be worth watching without him.

There were some good points about the trailer. D.B. Woodside looked great behind the Presidential desk as Wayne Palmer. And Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub) looked fabulous with a new ‘do, which I’m hoping Jack will notice. I’d hate to think she was wasting that on her loser ex-husband.

But it’s those words and the accompanying scenes of people trying to torture Jack (again!) that resonate (not to mention the full beard he sports at the beginning). I still haven’t gotten over his puffy, bloody face at the end of last season. This is Jack Bauer after all. That’s not supposed to happen to him.

But after seeing the trailer, I think it’s only going to get worse.

I can feel my stomach turning already…