Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FOX Crosses the Line...And Makes Me Sick!

There’s a line in an Al Pacino movie that says something like “just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.”

Well, just when I thought that FOX was out of the salacious sweeps special business, they allow the king of trash reality, Mike Darnell, to pull them back in.

Darnell’s previous attempts like “Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?” were almost laughable in their absurdity. “Who’s Your Daddy?” was insulting to adopted children everywhere.

But this one just makes me want to throw up.

Are you ready for this? FOX is planning a two-night sweeps event entitled “O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here’s How It Happened.”

In the special, Simpson will detail how he would have committed the murders he says he never committed. The interview was conducted by the publisher of his book, “If I Did It,” which will be released the day after the special airs.

The special will probably be a ratings blockbuster, but it will be one more smear on FOX’s reputation, which was finally starting to come around.

I know that FOX is in trouble. None of its new shows have been hits and they’re limping into January and the return of “American Idol.” They’ve also put a lot of their eggs into the basket of “24;” but it will no doubt be weakened by NBC’s “Heroes.” But to go down this road?

The only good thing that could come out of this is that Fred Goldman will probably receive most of the profits from the book to help settle the award he won from his civil suit. But I’m guessing this is absolutely not the way he would’ve wanted to get any money.

The special is scheduled to air November 27th and 29th at 9 p.m.; but this is the last time it will be mentioned by me on this blog. I will not list it in my Sweeps Schedule and I will not be watching it.

The thought of the network with the reigning Best Drama Emmy winner stooping this low just makes me sick to my stomach.