Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, December 29, 2006

A Best and Worst of 2006 Primer

As I continue to work on my 2006 recap (I know, I’m running out of time.), take a look at what others had to say about the best and worst of the year…

Matt Roush (“TV Guide” Senior Critic)’s Top 10 Shows
10) Dexter
9) Lost
8) The Shield
7) Ugly Betty
6) NBC’s Thursday comedies
5) Battlestar Galactica
4) Grey’s Anatomy
3) Friday Night Lights
2) The Wire
1) 24

Gillian Flynn (“Entertainment Weekly”)’s Top 10
10) Heroes
9) Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel)
8) Broken Trail (AMC mini-series)
7) The Office
6) 24
5) Bleak House (PBS mini-series)
4) 30 Rock
3) Battlestar Galactica
2) Friday Night Lights
1) The Wire

Ken Tucker (“Entertainment Weekly”)’s Top 10
10) The New Adventures of Old Christine
9) My Name Is Earl
8) Project Runway
7) The View
6) Countdown with Keith Olbermann
5) The Nine
4) Rescue Me
3) Friday Night Lights
2) 24
1) The Wire

“Entertainment Weekly” Worst Shows
5) Big Day
4) Shark Week and Shark: Mind of a Demon
3) My Boys
2) My Super Sweet 16
1) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

It’s clear that the critics agree on three things from 2006: 1) NBC is on the comeback trail, 2) “Lost” is on the skids, and 3) “24” seriously rocked last season.

By the way, “Entertainment Weekly” named the cast of “Grey’s Anatomy” its Entertainers of the Year. Kiefer Sutherland came in at #4, just behind Helen Mirren and Sacha Baron Cohen, so I’m VERY happy…