Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Idol Update, Part 2: Taylor's Track List and Paris Signs?

The track list for Taylor Hick’s CD has been released and as I told you before, there’s a heavy dose of old soul.

Taylor will do his own version of the Smokey Robinson classic (originally peformed by Marvin Gaye) “Ain’t That Peculiar” on “Heaven Knows.” “Wherever I Lay My Hat” was written by Marvin Gaye and “The Right Place” was written for Ray Charles to perform shortly before his death. No surprise that my favorite of the three preview tracks, “Dream Myself Awake,” was written by a favorite of mine, Rob Thomas. Two songs that Taylor released on his second independent album before “Idol” also make the cut: “Soul Thing” and “The Deal.”

Here’s the entire list: “Runaround,” “Dream Myself Awake,” “Heaven Knows,” “Gonna Move,” “Wherever I Lay My Hat,” “Give Me Tonight,” “Just to Feel That Way,” “The Maze,” “Places I’ve Been,” “Soul Thing,” “The Deal” and “The Right Place”…

“USA Today” is reporting that Paris Bennett has signed a recording contract and will release a CD in February. No word on the label. If you saw Paris in concert, you know she’s quite the showstopper, so I’m happy for her if this is true…