Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Introducing Danny and Sandy...

So if anyone out there still cares Max and Laura won the roles of Danny and Sandy on tonight’s “Grease: You’re the One That I Want.”

All of the contestants (including Derek) returned to perform in the finale and we finally heard everyone sing numbers from “Grease.” Personally, I think it would have been nice to hear them sing those songs during the competition so we could judge their ability to be Danny and Sandy, but what do I know?

In keeping with the show’s uneven and cheesy production, Austin and Ashley (the losing Danny and Sandy) were forced to perform with Max and Laura just 30 seconds after hearing they lost.

We also met the rest of the Broadway production’s cast, and they pretty much blew away the contestants, including Laura and Max.

But I’m glad I tuned in for those last 10 minutes because the look on David Ian’s face when Billy announced Max as the winner was priceless. Billy pointed out that he said, “Wow,” but I don’t think David meant it in a good way. I think he was genuinely horrified that Austin didn’t win.

Personally, I’m quite thankful. And Austin’s over-the-top performance in the last group number only drove that point home even more…

“Grease” is scheduled to open on Broadway this summer…

Labels: