Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, March 23, 2007

Still Going Down the "Road"...

There’s one thing I forgot to say about “October Road” in my review that may explain why I find it compelling—the music.

Because Nick left 10 years ago, the show tries really hard to give things a 90s feel with the Goo Goo Dolls and other bands that sound like them and it really works.

Granted, they occasionally get things wrong. For example, teenagers in 1997 would not be huge REO Speedwagon fans, but you’re willing to forgive a show that uses “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” for its closing montage. I realize the timing on that one is about 10 years off too, but it was still really cool.

Warning: The remainder of this post contains details about last night’s “October Road”…

I thought this episode was better than the premiere, but I’ve still got some issues with Eddie. Were we really supposed to believe that he charmed an intelligent college girl by pretending to have a talking raccoon? How drunk was she? And how stupid was he to mention Nick’s name, thereby exposing his plan to use her to get back at Nick? And since she was sober enough to figure that out (with not much evidence, I have to admit), I must ask again why she thought a talking raccoon was cute. Eddie was almost redeemed when he asked out Janet, but then the previews showed us he hasn’t given up on his revenge plan so that pretty much spoiled it.

It was a nice twist that Owen’s wife, Allison, is still sleeping with Ikey (even though I find that really strange) and Nick’s father taking Hannah’s own cat to the vet where she works so he could check out Sam was hysterical.

So for now I’m still going down this “Road.”

I just wish I knew why…

Thoughts?

Labels: