Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pick of the Week: My Summer Guilty Pleasure

Before I get to my Pick of the Week, let me tell you about some of this week’s big TV events…

Anyone who’s watched TNT or TBS in the last three months knows that Monday marks the return of “The Closer.” Brenda (Kyra Sedgwick) and the gang start out the season facing budget cuts. The commercial-free premiere of “The Closer” airs Monday, June 18th at 9 p.m. on TNT…

“The Closer” is followed by the premiere of “Heartland,” a drama about organ donation starring Treat Williams (“Everwood”), Rockmond Dunbar (“Prison Break”) and Kari Matchett (“Invasion,” “24”). “Heartland” premieres Monday, June 18th at 10 p.m. on TNT…

For the first time on American TV, we hear from Princes William and Harry about their mother, Princess Diana, and dealing with fame in an interview with Matt Lauer. “Dateline NBC” airs Monday, June 18th at 10 p.m. on NBC…

Since a new edition would be boring without Whitney, we can only enjoy the reruns. A marathon of “Being Bobby Brown” airs Saturday, June 23rd beginning at 10 a.m. on Bravo…

And now, my Pick of the Week, my summer guilty pleasure, “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.”

I always thought Kathy Griffin was annoying and a waste of TV time. But then I watched the episodes of her show where she risked her life to entertain the troops in Iraq and I finally saw that the woman who loves to ridicule the rich and famous has a human side.

That doesn’t mean she’s not incredibly crude—because she is. It’s just that knowing she has a sensitive side helps me find her a little funnier…

This week, Kathy entertains guests on Rosie O’Donnell’s gay cruise and it doesn’t go as well as she’d hoped (which is always funny). But the reason I’m calling attention to it is that I know we will see MUCH more of Kathy’s human side as we see her deal with her father’s health problems and his eventual passing. And since her father has become such a star of her show, we will be mourning right along with her…

“Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on Bravo…