Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My TV Enemy Will Stick Around

Those of you who are regular readers of “Stay Tuned,” know that my TV enemy is Steve McPherson, the president of ABC Entertainment.

Well, it looks like Steve and I will be able to fight it out for several more years to come as McPherson has just signed a new multiyear deal to stay on as president.

So why the confidence in him? Since taking over in 2004, ABC has gone from having one show in the top 20 of the 18-49 demo to having seven--four in the top 10. And ABC has won November sweeps in the 18-49 demo for the past three years.

Now, since McPherson is my enemy, allow me to rain on his parade a little by saying that neither “Lost” nor “Desperate Housewives,” the two shows that helped ABC get out of the cellar, were developed during his tenure. He just inherited them…