Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, August 22, 2008

Mark-Paul on "Saved By the Bell": "I'm Proud"


I honestly thought that Mark-Paul Gosselaar was going to get through his media conference call promoting his new show, “Raising the Bar” without anyone mentioning “Saved By the Bell.” But then the final question finally evoked the spirit of Zack Morris.

I tried really hard not to audibly groan. But I’m glad the reporter asked Gosselaar about “Bell,” because it gave me one more reason to be a fan of his…

Mark-Paul Gosselaar is proud of “Saved By the Bell.”

And why wouldn’t he be? Zack Morris rocked! And it’s clear that Gosselaar is well aware where his bread is buttered…

“If by me having more fans from ‘Saved by the Bell’ or from ‘NYPD Blue’ or any of the other projects that I've done helps us get more of an audience, so be it…I'll, hopefully, have, you know, more and more fans watching my projects that I do….Our whole campaign is trying to get those people on board to watch the new show or at least have their parents, you know, that were born in the 70s and 80s watching ‘Raising the Bar.’”

So how does he view Zack Morris now? “I only see it as a positive. You know, I'm – out of the work I've done, you know, that was one of the projects that I was proud of. There's a couple, you know, if you look at my resume, that I'm not so proud of. But, you know, that was one of that I am proud of.”
Gosselaar got a laugh out of the reporters when he said that some people don’t realize when the show was produced and still think he is doing “Bell.”

“I’m proud of the show that I did. It's been 15 years, but the show still is now generating a whole new wave of viewers and I think that will continue.”

See why I love this guy?

“Raising the Bar” premieres commercial-free Monday, September 1st at 10 p.m. on TNT…
Photo Credit: Art Streiber
Provided By TNT