Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

“High School Musical 3”: The Countdown Continues…

Today, the “High School Musical 3” soundtrack hits stores. You can buy the regular version or the deluxe version, which comes with a DVD of behind-the-scenes footage, the movie trailer, a music video, three ringtones, a voicetone, a mobile game, mobile wallpaper, and digital downloadables.

Now you might remember that with “High School Musical 2,” I listened to the soundtrack before I saw the movie; but I’ve promised myself I won’t do that this time. Hearing the soundtrack first gives away all of the story and I want to be surprised…


“Variety” released a review of the movie last week and it started our fairly positive. Peter Debruge wrote that Kenny Ortega, the movie’s director, stages “his most impressive setpieces yet.” However, later, he wrote, “But it’s the staging, not the music (which has a disembodied studio sound and never quite synchs with the characters), that makes ‘High School Musical 3’ worthy of the bigscreen…”

He also wrote “there’s something almost lazy about the pic’s underachiever script.”

And I have to say I’m inclined to believe in his assessment since he wrote that Lucas Grabeel is “the most talented of the bunch.” You know I can’t disagree with that…

But a lazy script is not going to stop me from seeing it this weekend.
Just four more days…

Photo Credit: Amazon.com