Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pick of the Week: A Goodbye to a Cult Fave?

Earlier this season, I said that I would add “Chuck” to my must-see list. But since it’s on against my two favorite comedies and I seem to never have enough time in the day to watch everything, I’ve let it slide.

But I’ll be making an exception this week for a few reasons…

So, my Pick of the Week is “Chuck.”

First of all, there’s a plethora of guest stars including Morgan Fairchild, Bruce Boxleitner, Scott Bakula, and Chevy Chase.

Second of all, it’s the season finale.

But the biggest reason to watch this week is because it could be the series finale if NBC doesn’t choose to renew it. And the fact that the season finale is airing in April to be replaced by “Deal or No Deal” is honestly not a good sign.

However, maybe I shouldn’t read too much into it since “Heroes” is also wrapping up in April and it’s already been renewed for next season.
Maybe NBC is just trying to keep these finales out of the finale maelstrom of “Dancing With the Stars,” “24” and the CBS comedies. Or maybe NBC just figures “Deal Or No Deal” will score better ratings.

Sadly, if the latter is the reason, they’re right. It most likely will score higher.

And no, that doesn’t bode well for “Chuck” either…

“Chuck” airs Monday, April 27th at 8 p.m. on NBC…

Photo Credit: Chris Haston/NBC