Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodbye, Jay! We'll Miss You...Until September

So Jay Leno said goodbye to “The Tonight Show” Friday night and yes, I cried like a baby.

For the record, I kept it together until Jay lost it talking about his wife…

Jay said he was happy to turn the show over to Conan O’Brien, and even though I don’t believe him for a second, I decided that if Jay was okay with it, I would be too. I decided that I would stop giving Conan such a hard time and give him the benefit of the doubt.

But then something happened that changed my mind…

At the end of his interview with Conan, Jay took a minute to gush about Conan, telling him how he was the only person for the job and how proud of him he was. But Conan said nothing. There was a slight point to Jay during the applause, but that was it. Other than saying at the beginning of the interview that people kept telling him he had “big shoes to fill,” Conan never complimented Jay. At all.

No “Thank you Jay for everything you’ve done for me and for this show.” Or “It’s an honor to take your place.” Jay gushed for a whole minute about Conan and Conan said nothing. And that made me mad.

Jay used his final show to promote Conan. The least Conan could have done was said thank you.

So sure, I’ll tune in to see Conan’s first show to see what he’s got planned. And I’ll probably watch when he has guests on the show I want to see. But other than that, I’m done. And come September, I’ll be there to watch Jay, hoping that he’ll succeed more than everyone thinks he will.

I know that’s not what Jay would want, but I just can’t help it. I guess I’m just not as classy as he is…

You can see Jay’s super sweet and super classy goodbye here…