Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Conan Makes a Comeback

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut…

Last night, “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien” stopped its ratings slide and regained its lead over “The Late Show With David Letterman.” Plus, for the week, “Tonight” dominated in the 18-49 demo, causing NBC to send out a press release declaring O’Brien the “new king of late night.”

So probably Julia Roberts did help Dave out. But I can’t help but wonder if this whole Sarah Palin controversy didn’t hurt him as well…

Those people who didn’t watch last night’s episode missed Kathy Griffin appearing on the show for the first time in 12 years. I don’t think she said anything that would keep Dave from inviting her back, but I don’t think Oprah will ever come back. Kudos, though, to Dave for taking the chance on Kathy anyway…

As for the ratings battle, I think that NBC might be polishing Conan’s crown too early…