Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Why a “Saved By the Bell” Reunion is a Bad Idea

So apparently Jimmy Fallon is trying to reunite the cast of “Saved By the Bell” on his show to celebrate its 20th anniversary…

And if you’d asked me about this a year or so ago, I would have been jumping for joy, but now, I think it’s a terrible idea and I hope it doesn’t happen.

Why? Because Dustin Diamond is a jerk who doesn’t deserve any publicity whatsoever.

And I fear that even being anywhere near that guy could seriously tarnish the rest of the cast—especially Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Mario Lopez, who are flying pretty high these days…

Having talked to Gosselaar, I can tell you that he still has a lot of affection for the show, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he agreed to do it to please the fans of the show. But it honestly would pain me to see him anywhere near Diamond. And you know that Diamond would make the appearance all about him and it would be a total embarrassment for everyone involved.

Of course, maybe that’s why Fallon is pushing for it…

If you saw Diamond on “Celebrity Fit Club,” you know exactly what I’m talking about. And yes, I realize it was all just for show, but it was still terrible. Anyone who makes Kimberley Locke cry, is not someone I care to watch.

If you could just reunite the cast minus Diamond, that would be great. But that would honestly be a little unfair to the fans since it isn’t the whole cast. Now, if he decided not to show up, that would be different.

But we all know that won’t be the case…

You can sign Fallon’s online petition here, but I say don’t encourage him…

Photo Credit: NBC.com