Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 21, 2009

"How I Met Your Mother" Review: Robney Rules!

Star-crossed couples can be a funny thing in the world of sitcoms.

You desperately root for a couple to get together, and then when they do, it often screws up the whole show.

Remember Maddie and David on “Moonlighting”? What about Niles and Daphne on “Frasier”?

Thankfully, that doesn’t seem like the case for my new favorite TV couple, Barney and Robin of “How I Met Your Mother.”

When last we left the two of them, they were admitting their feelings for each other in the most manic scene of the year. When the premiere opens, however, it appears that the two have moved on.

But not to worry Robney fans (Don’t worry, I’ll work on that one.), the duo is just pretending to move on to hide their relationship from Lilly, who they know will make them define their relationship, which they don’t want to do…

The rest of the episode is about Lilly trying to get the two of them to do just that. We also get to see how Ted meets the mother. But don’t get excited. We don’t get to meet her, we just figure out how he did.

Last season was a pretty strong one for “Mother” and all indications from the premiere are that the show is picking up right where it left off. It never ceases to amaze me how the show I once called the most frustrating on TV is now on my must-see list.

Stupid Neil Patrick Harris and his unending awesomeness…

“How I Met Your Mother” premieres tonight (September 21st) at 8 p.m. on CBS…

Photo Credit: Eric McCandless/FOX