Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My TV Enemy Retreats

Here’s a question for my longtime readers…

Who is my TV enemy?

Points to you if you remember that it’s Steve McPherson, the Entertainment President at ABC. Time after time, he has screwed up my favorite shows and then had to cancel them—“Commander In Chief,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” and I feared “V.”

But maybe now I can actually feel free to get hooked on an ABC show…

“The Hollywood Reporter” is reporting that McPherson has reached an agreement with Disney to leave his post. “Variety” writes that he was asked to resign.

Both trades report that he had been on the hot seat for a while because of his failure to produce hits to compliment aging faves like “Desperate Housewives” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”

“Variety” reports that Paul Lee, president of ABC Family, will take his place on the programming side.

I am never one to find joy in other’s misery, but I can’t help but be a little happy that McPherson is gone. It will be interesting to see where he shows up next…