Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Gunn's Golden Rules" Review: Physician Heal Thyself

I have always been a Tim Gunn fan. So when I heard about his new book, “Gunn’s Golden Rules,” I was pretty psyched. Especially when I read a pretty dishy excerpt.

Gunn’s blunt honesty is one of the things I like most about him. But there may be such a thing as too much honesty…

The book starts out good, as Gunn gives his true opinions on designer Isaac Mizrahi, editor Anna Wintour, and even “Top Chef” host Padma Lakshmi, using rude things they did to illustrate his rules. But after a while, it just gets old and honestly, a little catty. I’m sure there are many in the fashion world who aren’t too happy about it.

I have to say that I’m not too happy about it either…

I completely understand the need for examples, but it all just gets to be too much. And I really thought Gunn was better than that.

I think one of his “Golden Rules” should be not to criticize so much. It may come back to bite you…

“Gunn’s Golden Rules: Life’s Little Lessons for Making It Work” (Gallery, SRP $23.99) is available now, wherever books are sold.

Photo Credit: Simon & Schuster