Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, January 14, 2011

The "Hannah Montana Forever" Finale: A Sadly Quiet Goodbye

Last night, as I was flipping through the channels, a commercial caught my attention. It was a spot on the Disney Channel for “Hannah Montana Forever.”

But the ad was not for just any episode of “Hannah,” it was for the last episode.

I think I turned white as a ghost…

I immediately felt terrible. How could I have let such an important show slide off my radar? I felt like I had let all of you down. So I immediately went to the Disney Channel press site to find all of the information I had missed.

But the funny thing is there was no information to miss. No press releases, no photos. In fact, no new material had been added to the site since late November. A Google search shows that the finale didn’t even get reported on the major Internet news sites until Monday. And there was no mention of it in this week’s “TV Guide.”

Yes, it’s clear. Disney is ready to let Hannah Montana go…

It’s hard to believe there would be so little hype about such a huge show ending, but with all of the negative press Miley Cyrus has been getting lately, you can see why Disney would prefer a quieter exit. But it’s still kind of sad.

The finale of “Hannah Montana Forever” airs Sunday, January 16th at 7 p.m. You can see the commercial preview here. The DVD of the entire season of “Forever,” which will include the cast reflecting on the show, hits stores Tuesday, March 8th…







Photo Credit: Bob D'Amico/Disney Channel