Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TNT Gets Ready to "Ricochet"

TNT continues its Mystery Movie Night series tonight with “Ricochet”…

Based on the bestselling novel by Sandra Brown, “Ricochet” tells the story of a detective (John Corbett) investigating a corrupt judge (Gary Cole). The twist is that the detective is having an affair with the judge’s wife (Julie Benz).

For Benz, working with John Corbett was a huge thrill because she is a big fan of “Sex and the City,” in which Corbett played one of Carrie’s most popular boyfriends, Aiden.

“I was always a Mr. Big girl,” Benz told me last week. “But Aidan is adorable, cute and loveable.”

When she found out she would be working with Corbett on “Ricochet,” Benz watched “Sex and the City 2” and then gave Corbett an earful for Aidan’s behavior. “You kissed her! You kissed Carrie!” Benz told him.

Personally, I love the fact that Benz is such a fan girl herself. I think it helps her relate to the rabid fan bases of “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” and “Angel”—two shows she is proud to have been a part of.

“It’s fantastic to be known for ‘Buffy’ and ‘Angel,’” Benz said. “People still recognize me from them. New audiences are still discovering that show. It still has that following.”

Benz also gets recognized as Rita, Dexter’s ill-fated wife on “Dexter.” “People come up to me shaking. They can’t believe I’m really alive,” she said. “They’re very loyal and gracious with their time. I feel very lucky.”

As for her part in “Ricochet,” Benz loved being a part of a mystery. “Just to play a character that doesn’t reveal a lot was a challenge,” she said. “I love exploring different types of characters…It has a film noir feel to it. The story is very interesting. You can’t predict what’s going to happen. There are real twists and turns. The end is a shocking, big revelation.

Benz also appreciates TNT bringing the mystery movie back to television. “My whole family growing up. That’s how we spent time together. I love watching TV movies,” she said. “TNT is doing the right thing.”

“Ricochet” airs tonight (Wednesday, November 30th) at 9 p.m. on TNT…

Photo Credit: Skip Bolen/TNT